- 3 tbsp coconut or peanut oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp or more to taste of butter optional
- Gourmet Grill Seasoning, Smoky Honey or Fiery Seasoned Sea Salt
- Heat the oil: Heat the oil in a 3-quart thick-bottomed saucepan on medium high heat. If you are using coconut oil, allow all of the solid oil to melt.
- Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil. Wait for the popcorn kernels to pop.
- When the kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer.
- Cover the pot, remove from heat and count 30 seconds
- Return the pan to the heat. The popcorn should begin popping soon, and all at once. Once the popping starts, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner.
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, remove the lid, and dump the popcorn immediately into a wide bowl.
- Melt butter in the empty hot pan: If you are adding butter, you can easily melt it by placing the butter in the now empty, but hot pan.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the popcorn and toss to distribute.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with seasoning.
- If using microwaved popcorn, just add seasoning once it's popped.